Wednesday, January 5, 2011
6:39 AM | Edit Post
Happy New Year!!
A photo taken by my sister, at Grandma and Grandpa's house, on Christmas Day. From left to right: Micah (2), Eliora (6 weeks), Tiana, Acacia (4), Christopher, Asher (6)
In 2011, many Christians, including myself, have decided that they are going to read through the entire Bible at least once. If you’re looking for a Bible reading plan to help you make that happen, check out YouVersion.
But, what about your preschoolers? Can you read the Bible, from cover to cover, to them?
Probably not–for a whole host of reasons–not the least of which being that many parts of the Bible aren’t exactly “G-Rated”. (Although, my friends At The Well presented a slightly different opinion this morning that still has me thinking.)
So what’s the solution? Allow me to introduce you to my favorite way to chronologically teach the Bible to young children.
- I'm a Stay-at-Home, Christian, "crunchy" mama. I have been blessed with the calling to be a godly wife and mother. I am passionate about bringing up my children in the discipline and instruction of the LORD, through home education and discipleship. Helpmeet to my best friend and soulmate, Christopher since 1/29/2000, and mama to four little blessings, including a tiny, precious, newborn baby girl.
Most Popular Posts
- "Being Equipped" and the Will of God
- "Doing School"
- A Little Bit of Spontaneity
- Am I Really Content?
- Coming Out of the Closet
- Desperate for Discipleship
- Don't Be Afraid, Have Faith
- How Doing Something "Good" Can Keep You From Obeying
- Is it Really All About Me?
- Over-Protected, Under-Sheltered
- Remembering Acacia's Birth
- Slow Homeschooling
- The Most Important Thing
- What Do You Mean, "Unsocialized?"
- What Does "Enough" Look Like?
Fixing Your Heart on Titus 2
Did you pray for your
- ▼ 2011 (15)
- ► 2010 (67)
Our Curriculum 2010-2011
Bible--Child's Story Bible by Catherine Vos, Apologia Biblical World View Book 1, "Who is God and Can I Really Know Him?"
Catechism-- "Training Hearts, Teaching Minds" by Starr Meade
Phonics--Teach Your Child to Read in 100 Easy Lessons
Literature--Ambleside Online Year 0 Recommended Books
(Kindergarten), Year 1 Booklist (1st Grade)
Handwriting--Bible Copywork, made using Educational Fontware
Spelling-- All About Spelling Level 1 (1st grade)
Science--Apologia Exploring Creation With Astronomy
World History--Simply Charlotte Mason's Genesis Through Deuteronomy and Ancient Egypt
American History--The Light and The Glory For Children Series
Art--Interest-led projects and handicrafts
Geography and Missions-- "Hero Tales" by Dave and Neta Jackson, as well as various other missionary biographies, incorporating globe and map study
*We will be studying music and phy-ed., participating in a writing club and nature club, as well as attending various field trips, with our church's homeschool group.*