Friday, February 5, 2010
4:51 PM | Edit Post
"A man is what he thinks all day long."
Ralph Waldo Emerson
"We become what we think about."
"For as he thinks within himself, so he is."
Proverbs 23:7 (NASB)
The first month of 2010 is behind us. What are you thinking about? What are you becoming?
What are your children thinking about? What are they becoming?
"Therefore, if you have been raised up with Christ, keep seeking the things above, where Christ is, seated at the right hand of God.
Set your mind on things above, not on the things that are on earth."
Colossians 3:1-2 (NASB)
What are they seeing? Reading? Hearing? Studying? Memorizing? Absorbing into the core of their beings?
What about you?
What about me?
"A pupil is not above his teacher, but everyone, after he has been fully trained will be like his teacher."
Luke 6:40 (NASB)
Does it matter?
Of course it matters!!
You know it matters.
I know it matters.
So, what are we going to do about it?
- I'm a Stay-at-Home, Christian, "crunchy" mama. I have been blessed with the calling to be a godly wife and mother. I am passionate about bringing up my children in the discipline and instruction of the LORD, through home education and discipleship. Helpmeet to my best friend and soulmate, Christopher since 1/29/2000, and mama to four little blessings, including a tiny, precious, newborn baby girl.
Most Popular Posts
- "Being Equipped" and the Will of God
- "Doing School"
- A Little Bit of Spontaneity
- Am I Really Content?
- Coming Out of the Closet
- Desperate for Discipleship
- Don't Be Afraid, Have Faith
- How Doing Something "Good" Can Keep You From Obeying
- Is it Really All About Me?
- Over-Protected, Under-Sheltered
- Remembering Acacia's Birth
- Slow Homeschooling
- The Most Important Thing
- What Do You Mean, "Unsocialized?"
- What Does "Enough" Look Like?
Fixing Your Heart on Titus 2
Did you pray for your
- ▼ February (4)
Our Curriculum 2010-2011
Bible--Child's Story Bible by Catherine Vos, Apologia Biblical World View Book 1, "Who is God and Can I Really Know Him?"
Catechism-- "Training Hearts, Teaching Minds" by Starr Meade
Phonics--Teach Your Child to Read in 100 Easy Lessons
Literature--Ambleside Online Year 0 Recommended Books
(Kindergarten), Year 1 Booklist (1st Grade)
Handwriting--Bible Copywork, made using Educational Fontware
Spelling-- All About Spelling Level 1 (1st grade)
Science--Apologia Exploring Creation With Astronomy
World History--Simply Charlotte Mason's Genesis Through Deuteronomy and Ancient Egypt
American History--The Light and The Glory For Children Series
Art--Interest-led projects and handicrafts
Geography and Missions-- "Hero Tales" by Dave and Neta Jackson, as well as various other missionary biographies, incorporating globe and map study
*We will be studying music and phy-ed., participating in a writing club and nature club, as well as attending various field trips, with our church's homeschool group.*